Seaview Community Kindergarten
Enrolments are open now! Get in touch now to secure your spot for 2023.
Applications for enrolment are taken the year before your child enters the kindergarten.
Please contact us for more information about enroling your child.
Parents are invited to visit Seaview Kindy prior to applying for enrolment. All parents are invited to attend our open day when it occurs, however visits during class days are often preferable and can be organised by contacting us. Children can join in kindergarten activities and meet other children prior to attendance. Parents can view our facilities and talk with us about Seaview Kindy program.
Please contact us if you would like to arrange a visit during class hours.
At a glance
- Children need to be 4-years-old by the 30th of June in the year they attend.
- Seaview Kindy offers 40 student placements each year with a maximum of 20 children per class.
- We run two seperate groups over the week, either Monday, Tuesday and the first of half of Wednesday, or alternately the second half of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Please let us know your preference on enrolment. Spaces are limited so preferences cannot be guaranteed.
- Priority is given to children who live in the North Cottesloe Primary School intake area, which includes Cottesloe, North Cottesloe, and parts of Swanbourne and Peppermint Grove. However parents wishing to enrol students from outside the catchment area are strongly encouraged to apply. Students in recent years have been placed at the kindergarten from Nedlands, Claremont, North Fremantle, Fremantle, Mosman Park and East Fremantle - as well as other adjacent suburbs inland and along the coast.
- Application for Enrolment and Student Information forms should preferably be in by the end of Week 1, Term 3 in the year prior to attendance. Please fill out both forms and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Application for enrolment
Our enrolment process follows the policies and guidelines of the Western Australian Department of Education. Children must be 4-years-old by 30th June in the year they attend kindergarten. We take enrolments in the year prior to attendance until the first Friday of Term 3.
An Application for Enrolment and Student Information forms for Seaview Kindy can be downloaded here or you can pick the forms up in person from Seaview Kindy. The application form should be returned to Seaview Kindy with your child's:
- birth certificate,
- immunisation form,
- a utility bill showing proof of residence,
- visa documentation if applicable,
- and any court orders if relevant or
- medical reports regarding your child.
Submitting an application form does not mean that your child has been accepted. Priority is given to students living within the local intake area for Seaview Kindy. Please consult the map and written description of our catchment zone. For forward planning to pre-primary and beyond, you may wish to read and view the local intake area for our link school, North Cottesloe Primary ( www.northcottesloeps.wa.edu.au), as this area differs slightly from Seaview Kindy.
If Seaview Kindy receives more applications from within the local intake area than we can accommodate places will be allocated following WA DET guidelines, which include residence in the intake area, having a sibling enrolled at the link school (North Cottesloe PS) for that year, and distance from the kindergarten.
The Principal of our linked school will facilitate the enrolment of any children living within the local intake area who cannot be accommodated at Seaview Kindy at another local school, following a meeting of cluster schools, which includes Cottesloe, Mosman Park, Mount Claremont and Swanbourne Primary Schools.
If all children who reside within the local intake area have been accommodated and there are spaces still available, places may become available at Seaview Kindy for children living outside the local intake area.
Offers of placement will be confirmed by a letter to families late in Term 3. The enrolment process is finalised at our Enrolment Day in October through completion of enrolment forms and payment of fees.
Please note that children can only be enrolled in one kindergarten program and that enrolment at Seaview Kindy does not guarantee a place at North Cottesloe Primary School in the following year.